MMA Japan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early"

3 posters

Go down

Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early" Empty Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early"

Post by Viva las Fletch 19/9/2010, 10:19 am

Interview on K-1 website:

Alistair Overeem was interviewed recently and the interview is up on the K-1 website.

Your participation in the K-1 WORLD GP 2010 FINAL16 has been decided. What is your current mental state, condition?

I feel good. My condition has also become better and better these last several years and I’m training harder heading toward the K-1 GP. I definitely want to take that belt this year.

Are you doing any special training for your fight on October 2nd?

I’m doing the usual program at Golden Glory, no special training. I’m training with the trainer and sparring with the other Golden Glory fighters.

In last years GP you reached the semifinals but lost against Badr Hari, what do you think now looking back at the fight?

In my opinion, the fight was stopped too early. Of course, I was knocked down, on the second “down” I was unsteady on my feet. However, I just leaned on the corner and did not fall down. Badr always goes at his opponents with many techniques in the first round (like against Hesdy Gerges). If there was a second round, I’d definitely have payed that guy (using a stronger word than just that guy) back. But that’s just me speculating. Badr had a good time that night but this time it’s my turn.

What is your objective in this years World GP?

Of course it’s to become GP champion. I also aim at becoming DREAM Heavyweight champion next year. I also intend to fight in Strikeforce again, first of all I want to fight Werdum. But Fedor is probably looking for a rematch with Werdum so next year that fight (Fedor vs. Werdum) will probably be implemented in America.

What is your impression of your opponent, Ben Edwards?

He’s strong, a fighter who goes forward and fights. I love fighting that type of fighter, the fight will probably be decided by an early KO.

Edwards KO’d his three opponents in the Oceania GP in a total of 206 second. What do you think hearing that?

Umm, good job. I’m not sure but most likely he has cut down many opponents until now. But I think Alistair Overeem is a kind of large tree that is completely unknown to him. (not sure about the translation on the part after good job)

Please give a message to Ben Edwards.

Ben Edwards, I heard you easily won three fights in 206 seconds but I’ll KO you within the first round. And you will realize the level of a Golden Glory Fighter and the power of “The Reem” (his new nickname). Be prepared!

Viva las Fletch
Red Pants Master

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early" Empty Re: Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early"

Post by blueyedsamurai 22/9/2010, 4:27 am

wasnt stopped early, if i can remember he got knocked down 3 times which is tko
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai
Red Nappy Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early" Empty Re: Alistair Overeem: "Badr fight was stopped early"

Post by Viva las Fletch 24/9/2010, 11:36 am

No, 3rd "knockdown" he just took a HK and went back into the ropes/corner.... referee stopped fight.

He has a point... albeit he was second best in that rematch

Viva las Fletch
Red Pants Master

Back to top Go down

Post by blueyedsamurai 24/9/2010, 11:47 am

well k1 stops alot of fights if there think the fighter is taking to much punishment, sometimes there are premature
blueyedsamurai
blueyedsamurai
Red Nappy Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonCalling 24/9/2010, 6:01 pm

that was a good stoppage imo
LondonCalling
LondonCalling
Red Pants Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down