MMA Japan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arlovski Out of K-1 Bout

2 posters

Go down

Arlovski Out of K-1 Bout Empty Arlovski Out of K-1 Bout

Post by Gomi 30/9/2010, 1:40 am

When K-1 announced the pairings for Saturday's Final 16 event, it made a special point of emphasizing the presence of former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski.

So much for that.

Although his fight with Raul Cătinaş has been announced as happening in less than four days, Arlovski wrote on Twitter that he is not going to be there.

"I would like to confirm that I am not participating in the K-1 on October 2nd," Arlovski tweeted on Tuesday evening.

There's been no announcement from K-1 or explanation from Arlovski, but reports have been rampant in recent months that K-1 simply can't afford to pay top-level fighters the kind of money they want to make. Arlovski's tweet is the latest in a steady stream of unfortunate pieces of news for K-1.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/28/andrei-arlovski-tweets-that-hes-out-of-k-1/

Gomi
Red Nappy Practitioner

Back to top Go down

Arlovski Out of K-1 Bout Empty Re: Arlovski Out of K-1 Bout

Post by Viva las Fletch 1/10/2010, 1:14 am

Oh..... that's disappointing.

We knew he wouldn't be in the WGP, but I preferred him in a super-fight.... his thai-boxing is underrated, and his chin isn't as bad as people make out.

I'd have been interested to see him in K-1, for sure.... not against the elite, but against second tier guys, why not?

Viva las Fletch
Red Pants Master

Back to top Go down